Thursday, July 18, 2013

TaDa2day

I've been thinking about what our President should be doing for the United States and the people of this country.
If I were President:
(1) I would only draw a salary of $1 a year as I wouldn't be in it for the money, but rather to put our country back in its leadership and prosperity role.
(2) On the 2nd and 4th Saturday of each month, I would report to the people everything that was discussed and voted on (as well as who voted for what) by your elected representatives (Senate and House).
(2) I would secure our borders with U.S. Army personnel and eliminate the U.S. Border Patrol.
(3) I would temporarily shut down the printing presses from printing any more money (backed by nothing).
(4) I would force Congress to create a new, easier to comply with and totally fair to all income tax system.
(5) I would publicly expose any and all corruption in the government.
(6) I would eliminate all agencies that were unnecessary for the government to function
(7) I would follow the Constitution to the letter and demand that everyone in government do so.
(8) I would give back any States Rights that have been taken from the states.
(9) I would stop all federal borrowing.
(10) I would discontinue foreign aide (especially to our enemies).
(11) I would get the government out of our private lives and give back the expectation of privacy (where practical)
(12) I would eliminate all wasted expenses from the largest down to even $1.00.
(13) I would consolidate all departments into only the necessary ones.
(14) I would grant a tax credit to any company or business that employed (and trained) veterans returning from war.
(15) I would form the United States National Bank and eliminate the privately held "Fed".
(16) I would stop all subsidies to companies and corporations with a gross income of over $1,000,000 per year,
(17) I would forgive the balances on all student loans that have been paid regularly for 5 years or longer, and get out of the student loan business.
(18) I would get the government out of dealing with moral issues (abortion, gay marriage, etc.) and give this power to the people and their beliefs.
(19) I would hold everyone accountable for their actions.
(20) I would make sure that the legal arm of the government vigorously prosecute, fine and imprison anyone whose actions were counter to the prosperity of all (the big banks CEOs as an example).
(21) I would make agreements with our bordering countries (Mexico and Canada) to share in labor and resources.
(22) I would prohibit special interests from "lobbying" our Congress (this includes companies, corporations and individuals).
(23) I would concentrate on rebuilding our infrastructure (bridges, roads, etc.).
(24) I would let the experts do their job instead of Congress (that lacks the experience and expertise).
(25) I would get a law passed that limited terms of office for all elected officials (just like the President is limited to 2 terms).
(26) I would put a cap on all federal salaries, pensions and other payments.
(27) I would get a law that no one in government could draw more than one salary or pension at a time.
(28) I would build an armed forces that could protect us from any event.
(29) I would be reluctant to get involved in anyone else's wars.
(30) I would streamline the voting process to eliminate fraud.

With all of that, you can see why I'd never be President.   It takes away too much money and power from those that are in this for their reasons and not for America.

PS: What would you like added as #31 ???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home