Friday, May 15, 2009

Your $250 stimulus check...

Well, we've been promised checks for $250 from the gov't., to spend in order to help "stimulate" the economy.
Instead of printing these checks (which will cause inflation); why not just cut taxes ? Cutting taxes has always worked and injecting money into the economy has never worked.
I was very surprised to receive a check for $250 from the U.S. Treasury made out in my name. Of course, $250 doesn't go very far these days but did help pay for some frivolous purchase.
What really got me to thinking was when I found out that in their rush to send out these checks to all of us, no one checked on who was supposed to actually get them. The gov't. doesn't have the exact figures yet but knows that over 1.5 million checks were sent to deceased persons all over the nation. A lady in my neighborhood got her check and one for her father that died eleven years ago.
I wondered how could this be happening. Then the answer became obvious...it had to be one of two things (or maybe both);
(1) the government is always incompetent, or
(2) since our President (Obama) comes from Chicago, and dead people vote in Chicago, then those deceased voters must be eligible to receive gov't checks.
I guess I.Q. means nothing...we have a President that is supposed to have an above average I.Q. (127) and his policies could only be made by a moron. Already, he's reversing some of his decisions as his own party (Democrats) are turning against him.
I wonder when the checks start showing up for my dogs........................LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home